As a business we support many different charities throughout the year through various fundraising events such as coffee mornings, bake sales, raffles and dress down days.
Our last fundraising event of the year was for Crisis at Christmas who are a charity fundraising for the homeless. We raised an amazing £800 which meant we could pay for 30 local homeless people to have the following:
- A warm welcome and good company
- A delicious hot Christmas dinner
- A bed for the night, if needed
- A chance to shower, freshen up and get clean clothes as well as a haircut
- A health check and treatment from a doctor, optician and dentist
- Expert help with mental health and addiction problems
- Advice on housing, employment, employment and finances
- PLUS access to Crisis’ year-round services for training and support in the year ahead
This money was made up from employees generously donating their ICW Christmas gift money to the Charity, our customers M&S made a donation of £33 and the remainder was raised from raffles, games, tea and cake trolley and bids for special items such as a vintage wine and a deluxe chocolate hamper.
Alongside this fantastic amount we raised the following for charity throughout the year:
Red Nose Day – £150
Ataxia – £530
Make a Wish through sweet sales throughout the year – £272.96
Jeans 4 Genes & McMillan Coffee Morning – £432 overall – £216 each
Poppy Appeal – £58.05
Ataxia Christmas Card – £105
Christmas Jumper Day – £105
Crisis at Christmas – £800
Total for Charity 2017 = £2453.01! A fantastic effort from our team that I know will help make a difference to these charities.
Christmas food bank donation to support local people through tough times and a clothing donation to Suited for Success which provides smart clothing for job interviews to help unemployed men and women get back into work.
Here’s to more fundraising in 2018!